Don’t forget my Conference Survival Guide!
Confession: I don’t like having a roommate unless I know them beforehand.
Confession: I have a Relevant Roomie. I don’t really know her. What I know is one of my good friends Re-tweeted her request for a Relevant Roomie and I thought they knew each other. Turns out, it was random. My friend just re-tweeted without knowing Brooke. However, by the time I’d found out they didn’t know each other, Brooke and I had bonded over country music.
Go ahead. Laugh. 🙂 We did.
We’ve been having fun on Twitter describing our current mood with country music lyrics. Like, today, this is how I feel:
And I was listenin’ to the Opry
When all of my friends
were diggin’ Rock ‘n Roll and Rhythm & Blues
I was Country, when Country wasn’t cool
And if you’re so inclined, here’s the whole song:
Then God decided to throw a curve ball. I wasn’t having the best of days and the lyrics I posted were from a song played at my mom’s funeral in June.
@brookelmcg When I get where I’m going & I see my Maker’s face-I’ll stand forever in the light of His amazing grace.http://bit.ly/aX0AD6
The link is to the post Amazing Grace. It’s the hardest post I’ve ever had to write. And guess who God put in my life at that moment in time? Yep. My Relevant Roomie. She tweeted back:
@michpendergrass “And I’ll leave my heart wide open. I will love & have no fear…” I understand sister. http://bit.ly/c7E5rZ
God constantly speaks to me in numbers and dates. Here’s one example, my post 12:26. I know God was up there giggling like a schoolgirl when I found out my Relevant Roomie and share the same birthday.
THE SAME BIRTHDAY!
What are the odds?
God’s odds are so much different.
Brooke and I have decided that God’s up to something. We don’t know what. We can’t wait to find out. He’s got our full attention. And we know He’s bigger than we can imagine and we’re willing to bet that He’s got something in store for you, too. So we wanted everyone to post their own lists!
10 Things My Relevant Rommie Should Know About Me.
1. I snore. Especially when I need to see the chiropractor. I stop snoring after I see her. Chiropractor? Pedicure? Chiropractor? Pedicure?
2. I might be pure Yankee and bleed blue, but my heart belongs to the south. God misplaced me near Chicago but made it up to me by giving me a country boy with a southern drawl (and southern charm!)
3. I’m exactly 50% left brain and 50% right brain. That means I know it all. 😉
4. I write and read horror, Stephen King is my favorite author and no one will convince me that I can’t combine my love of Jesus with my ability to write horror.
5. I can’t remember how old I am unless I do the math. 2010 minus 1972…I’m 38. And I’m a grandma. Don’t judge.
6. One of our kids is married with our beautiful grandson, one of the kids is a senior in college, and the other is in sixth grade and homeshooled by yours truly.
7. I love Jesus but I drink a little. (If you’ve never heard that, try Google.)
8. I’m also exactly 50% introvert and 50% extrovert. I can turn it on and be extrovert, but when the conference is done and over, I hide in my house for days on end and I don’t leave.
9. I love my life. I love my husband. I love my kids and grandkids. I don’t know anyone quite as content and happy as we are.
10. I was thin, then my thyroid went kaput. Now I’m fat and happy. I’m grateful that I’m no longer sleeping 19 of 24 hours a day and will choose this fat body over losing my ability to function any day.
Bonus: 11. I wanted to be Barbara Mandrell when I was little and there was nothing more exciting for me than waiting for the next Mandrell Sisters show to come on. (Ok, maybe waiting for the next Quincy, M.E. show.)
* * *
Your turn! Link up!