This is the best I can do.
- I got my hair cut. I’m not sure if I like it.
- We’re going to be Grandparents. Our grandbaby is due April 23rd.
- I filled in at AWP Thursday and Friday. I wish I would’ve got to meet Mort Castle. I didn’t know he was there.
- I paid freaking $9 for a coffee and a bagel at the hotel.
- I promptly found Caribou Coffee and Jimmy John’s around the corner.
- It was affirmed to me that I do not belong in academia, I am not a literary author.
- Do we really need to analyze memoir as a genre?
- Can one be a memoirist? I mean, really, how many memoirs can one write?
- I went to Toys R Us and scored a sweet deal on baby clothes. $150 worth for $50!
- I’m going to be a grandma!
- I have to pick a new Scripture today and I’m clueless.
- While I was in Chicago for AWP, I just happened to run into my friend Eric, a professional snowboarder. I haven’t seen him in 18 years! And there he was, across the street from the Hilton at Grant Park. I want to be a ripper now!
- Once again, more confirmation that I do not belong in academia. I have more in common with punks who carry snowboards. 😉
- I have to go to the chiropractor today.
- I’m going to be a freaking grandma!
There’s more. I just can’t do it right now.
Things I’ve been known to do, or think, or want really, really bad to do.
- I wish stupid people would go live on their own planet and breed merrily–far, far away from me.
- I wonder how some people get by.
- I want to send the secrets I know about people who have betrayed me to PostSecret. (This is like #1 on my list. You should see the postcards I have made in my head)
- I wish I could stab people with a fork who make slurpy, smacking noises when they eat. (waving at Sher!)
- And yeah I want to slap people who are on Nanny 911 and have their kids on leashes. (Sher again!)
All that adds up to a recipe for a “bad Christian” but I’m not perfect and I don’t know how to be even though I’m a perfectionist with OCD tendencies and I drive myself freaking crazy sometimes.
That’s all. Just had to get that out.
I watched for the first time ever this past weekend:
- Phil and I made 6 dozen authentic tamales (beef and pork mixed,) Puerto Rican rice, salsa fresca, salsa verde, and twelve loaves of old fashioned banana bread.
- I drank two bottles of wine. The first was Riesling and the second was Sangria. Oh and I had a vanilla rum and diet Coke slushie that was fabulous!
Hope your weekend was just as good!
We had a wonderfully relaxing weekend.