I saved 71% this week!
I’m going to give it a whirl.
Here’s the progress of my first week.
If you want to know the how and why, check out Living Almost Large–I think she explains it way better than I could hope to at this point.
So last week we bought (Feb 3rd flyer):
- (1) 3 packBritta filters for my pitcher
- (4) Shower to Shower powder
- (1) fabric softener
- (3) dishwashing liquid
- (1) bag cough drops
I spent a total of $32.91 and got back $9.00 in the ExtraCare Bucks (ECB’s).
Granted, it may take us 3 months to use the filters, powder, and dishwashing liquid, probably a month for the fabric softener, but it is stuff that I use constantly.
I didn’t buy anything that we don’t normally use and I only bought the amounts I did to get the ECB’s.
When I go back to CVS, I will be able to use manufacturer’s coupons and pay with the ECB’s I received.
I went back and got (still Feb 3 flyer)
- (3) Speed Stick deodorants
- (1) Garnier conditioner
- (2) 75% off girlie lip glosses for part of a birthday present
- (1) V05 Shampoo
- (1) Gain laundry detergent
- (1) 75% off after shave for Phil
- (5) Boost Smoothies
- (2) Reese’s Cups singles
- (1) Venus Razor w/5 blades
- (1) Eyeshadow
- (1) Valentine candy for Zane
After using ECB’s, I paid $33.91 cash, got back $32 ECBs
The new CVS flyer started yesterday (Feb 10 flyer) so I looked it over and headed out to see what kind of damage I could do. I had $32 in ECB’s from the last trip.
- (3) Charmin 9-packs
- (1) Bounty 8-pack
- (5) 81mg Asprin
- (1) Colgate White
- (1) Spongebob Colgate for kids
- (1) Excedrin Sinus/Headache
- (3) Battery operated toothbrushes
- (2) 8-packs of toothbrushes
- (2) 2 litres of Diet Pepsi Max
- (2) Milky Way fun size packs
My total was $51. I handed the cashier my manufacturer’s coupons and my ECB’s. My total was then $15.45 and I got $17.95 in ECB’s back.
My running total looks like this:
Spent cash: 82.35
– ECB’s rec’d: 58.43
$23.92! That’s 71% off of my total spending!
I’d say this is well worth my time and effort.